10 Wedding Day Must-Dos
Let’s get real, the day leading up to your wedding day can be hectic. Even with the experts here at Venue at the Grove to make your day run smoothly, the days before can seem crazy. This is why it’s a good idea to come up with a check list to keep everything organized and be sure everything gets done. Get marriage license – check. Pick up dress – check. Pack over night bag – check. Marking things off that list will feel so good, and keep you in control.
On your wedding day, we strive to make your day run as smoothly as possible, but there are still a few special things you may want to add to your day-of checklist.
- Pen a love letter. Write a letter to each other to open before the ceremony. Not only will this make you feel warm and fuzzy inside, it’s a great memento to keep.
- Consider a first look. Whether you see each other for the first time before the ceremony or during, it will still be a special moment. Why not have some special time just the two of you before the ceremony.
- Charge your phone. Charge it, and then hand it to someone you trust to snap a few great photos.
- Drink water. Lots and lots of water. We have seen both a bride and groom pass out during the ceremony because of being dehydrated, don’t make that mistake!
- After you walk down the aisle, take a moment to look at all the family and friends who have come to celebrate you. There’s a good chance you won’t get a chance to say hello to everyone during your reception, so take a second to see how many people love and care about you.
- Trade your heels for flats. No need to have feet that ache late into the night and the next day. Once the ceremony and pictures are over, get comfy!
- During the reception, take a moment for just the two of you. Find a quiet spot and just take in the moment of being together.
- EAT! I know. . . I know. . . everyone says this, but for real. . . you’ll feel so much better with a little food in your tummy.
- Go somewhere in public in your wedding attire. Feel like a prince and princess! Having strangers tell you congratulations is a perfect way to end your evening.
- Take a selfie video recapping your wedding day. Before going to bed, take a video you can watch every year on you anniversary to remember what a special day you had.