8 Things to do Before the Big Day!
There seems to be a million and one things to do before one of the most memorable days in your life. The basics would include finding the perfect dress, going to dinner/cake tastings, doing an engagement photo shoot with your fiancé, etc. But we have listed 8 simple things to add to your to-do list which will make your wedding planning experience and big day even more enjoyable and stress free:
1. Having a one-on-one. Most likely with the dearest people in your life such as your mom, dad, brother, sister, best friend, aunt, uncle, grandmother, whoever! Sometimes a little reassurance, support, and quality time is the perfect recipe to cure stressful or frantic moments.
2. Go on a date with your fiancé. Promise not to speak of wedding planning! Go out and have fun together, free your mind and simply enjoy each other!
3. Have some ‘Me-time’. Go get a manicure/pedicure, take a nice long bubble bath, whatever it is that you enjoy doing during alone time. Relax and take a minute to just breathe!
4. Talk about joining finances. You don’t want any confusion about where finances will go after the big day. Communication is key and getting these details ironed out before the big day is important.
5. Bring a back up hair and makeup supply. Although you told yourself you wouldn’t cry during the ceremony, lets face it, you will, and you will want to be able to touch that up and stay looking great all night long!
6. Don’t forget comfortable shoes. Lets say mid-event your feet are killing you, you might want to throw on some flats and be comfortable. Especially if you’ll be the one on the dance floor all night long!
7. Practice walking down the aisle. This means wearing your heals, veil, having a mock bouquet and linking arms with the person who will walk you down the aisle. Excitement and other emotions the moment you are about to walk down the aisle will be running high, and we all know practice makes perfect!
8. Practice “your kiss” with your fiancé. This is a quick but very important moment. Think about if you want a simple peck or a full on smooch!