Creating a Vintage Chic Wedding
(photo credit Found Vintage Rentals)
We hear brides say all the time at Venue at the Grove, “I’d really like to have a rustic/vintage style wedding, but I have no clue how to make it look like that.” Our beautiful tree lined property, rustic shed, and bistro lit patio lend perfectly to this style, and getting it to look that way isn’t as difficult as some may think. By adding vintage pieces, your wedding will feel more intimate and unique.
We recently spoke with Barbara Hyde from Dusty Lilacs Vintage Rentals, and she said, “ today’s brides want their special day to include “Romantic Vintage Props” to make the ambiance of their day unique. By using vintage furniture, chandeliers, picture frames, odd chairs, benches, and doors they can customize the look of an outdoor setting to be special for them.”
Below are Barbara’s top 5 ways of easily creating that rustic style:
1. Using the Door Ensemble as a ceremony backdrop creates the look of a romantic space with the chandelier hanging in the center. Brides decorate it with flowers/garlands of their choosing to create their special look.
(photo credit Dusty Lilac Vintage Rentals)
2. By using mix matched chairs/benches for the seating area during the ceremony provides an eclectic air of individuality instead of just using the standard white folding chairs.
(photo credit Bukola Dream Wedding)
3. By using shepherds hooks and draping vintage fabric or flowers in between each hook outlines the path to the ceremony area for guests. A romantic feel for sure.
(photo credit Southern Weddings)
4. Hang chandeliers from trees close by add a special touch and a nice backdrop for the ceremony.
(photo credit Style Me Pretty)
5. Hang empty picture frames or empty lamp frames also help to define the ceremony area.
(photo credit EEPhoto)