Do I Really Need a Wedding Program?
So you are sitting down creating your wedding budget. . . what’s one of the first things to get cut? My guess would be your wedding program. Is it really necessary to have a wedding program in this day and age? My answer is yes, and here are the reasons why:
- Very few guests will know who everyone in your wedding party is and how you know them. Guests want to know the story of your relationship and why they are so special to you.
- My favorite weddings are cultural weddings where special rituals and blessings take place! Not all your wedding attendees may understand the meaning behind this, so your program is a great place to fill them in.
- Programs give guests a breakdown of the event flow. Are they going to a cocktail hour after the ceremony? Headed straight to the reception? Let guests know what to expect.
- Fill guests in on details! Do you want to remind them to sign a guest book? Take a photo in a photo booth?
- Any special requests? Would you like to request that guests not take any photos during the ceremony? Or maybe you want guests to take photos and use a # when they post them.
If you’re considering cutting the programs from your budget, perhaps think about trimming the costs from somewhere else. If you do decide to provide guests with a wedding program, take a look at these unique examples!